Monday, October 26, 2015

A Wild Pokémon Appeared!

Pokémon is one of those games that every gamer has played at some point in his or her life. No matter how old you may be, Pokémon is a good starter game to learn, even though the protagonist is only 10 years old.


My little sister is an avid player of Pokémon games. She’s constantly training her pokémon and telling me all about her battles. She knows the names and types of all the monsters. A few years ago, I bought a Pokémon game so I could play with her, but I was never as skilled or knowledgeable as she is.

This is why I wanted to take the time today to talk about Pokémon.

Each game has 8 gyms that you have to beat. Once you obtain all 8 gym badges, you can challenge the Elite Four. Eventually, you must battle the Champion.


Last week, Sanoyas Interaction announced the opening of an actual Pokémon gym in Osaka, Japan this November. Members must purchase a gym card and pass in order to be admitted. The gym offers tips and activities, as well as training programs for Pokémon players.

The Pokémon EXPO gym is also launching a smartphone app for members to track their stats and ranking.



The gym is a great way to market new games to players. Each game has its own region, and players who prefer the "old school" Pokémon games tend to be more familiar with the original Kanto and Johto regions. Two of the newest games, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, introduce the Kalos region. Many players are hesitant to learn the new game, so the EXPO gym hopes to encourage trainers to play these games by rewarding them with "special pokémon."

I believe that the Pokémon gym in Japan is a great idea and will be well-received by fans. Hopefully, more gyms like these will be established around the world.


How do you feel about the new "real life" Pokémon gym?

3 comments:

  1. This post was very relatable because I am not a gamer either, my knowledge comes from what others have told me. Therefore, the example with your sister helped strengthen your blog and made it more engaging since you also have an objective view point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even for being an experienced gamer, I think this post was great. Pokémon is a game that many people know, if they are experience or not. This post is kind of like a "fun fact" that can easily catch someone's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being someone who doesn't really like video games I thought this post was great. I learned a lot about Pokemon, all of which I did not know. Adding that personal touch about your sister really aded to the blog, making it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete