Monday, October 19, 2015

Mario Time!

I’m only on the third post in this series, and it’s already getting extremely difficult to find reliable studies that I can reproduce in my dorm room. For today’s post, I plan to do something a little different than originally planned.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a side-scrolling platform game that was released in 2009. It was the first game my little sister and I bought together, and it’s been a family favorite ever since.


When the game was first released, That Videogame Blog published an article titled “Playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii Alone Will Make You Look Serious.” The author, Rain Anderson, explains how the game was originally designed to be played by two people, but more and more gamers are playing it single-player. Those who play the game alone tend to have a serious look on their face, according to Mario creator, Shigeru Miyamoto.

I wanted to see if I actually looked serious, so I recorded my expression while I played. I started a new game and played through World 1, letting my laptop webcam run the whole time.

Danielle and I hope to keep our identities as private as possible on this blog, so I won’t post any screenshots of my face, but I think Kanye perfectly depicts my expression here:


I was super concentrated on getting that plumber to the flag pole at the end of the level. I was in such deep thought, I subconsciously stuck my tongue out a few times.

Although it sounds ridiculous, single-players of New Super Mario Bros. Wii look serious.

Gaming is a serious sport, so naturally, video gamers look serious when they play them.




What game do you want to see next? Tell me in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. You did a really great job with this post. Your structure made it so easy to read and follow what you were saying. In addition, your humorous yet informative tone made me exited to read your other posts, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete