Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Trick or Treat?!

It’s that time of year again! ‘Tis the season for scary stories, spooky movies, and candy hoarding! I decided to make this a Halloween-themed post in honor of the holiday this Saturday.

Plants vs Zombies 2 is a popular mobile game in which players have to plant flowers to attack approaching zombies before they "eat your brains." The game already has a spooky feel since the antagonists are undead creatures, but for a limited time, the game is getting a Halloween makeover.



I figured there was no better time than the present to learn to play this game!


I downloaded the Plants vs Zombies 2 app with the new update on my iPod, and then I started with the tutorial. Although it went at a very slow pace, I found the tutorial fun and informative.


World 1 started out easy. As the levels went on, I unlocked more and more plants. First, I had the peashooter. The peashooter is a basic plant that shoots enemies with a normal amount of damage. It was the most effective plant for killing zombies that I used. Eventually, players are able to buy plant food to make the peashooters more powerful. Sunflowers are also helpful to gather sunlight in order to buy more plants.

I enjoyed playing the game until power-ups were introduced. I was used to placing plants down to attack the zombies, and now I was expected to kill the enemies myself.

I enjoy playing video games as a part of this project, but when I’m sitting at my desk, hunched over, staring at a tiny screen, I feel a little unproductive. So hopefully I can find a game that makes me feel a little more industrious for next week’s post (any suggestions?).


Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate the lightheartedness of your blogpost. It has the ability to draw in those interested in video games as well as those who aren't. Separating the text with numerous graphics truly helps. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you related your blog to the upcoming holiday! Readers who are interested in getting into video games will likely want to try this game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the idea of making a Halloween related post. I may do that in my blog. You did a good job explaining your process in playing this game versus just saying that it made you feel unproductive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this post! Connecting it to the holiday makes it fun. Also the gifs are really well placed, great job!

    ReplyDelete