Saturday, October 10, 2015

Courtney the Novice

You know the feeling you get when you try something new? You’re scared but excited at the same time? That’s how I feel about writing this blog.

I’m Courtney, a freshman at Stevenson University. I am majoring in Applied Mathematics with the intent to get my Master’s in Teaching.


 I’ve never really been one to play video games. My first experience with video games was at the age of 9 when my sister and I received a PlayStation 2 under the Christmas tree. I thought it was entertaining, but I never developed a massive interest in PlayStation games.
  
About a year after our introduction to the PlayStation, my grandfather bought us a Wii. My sister and my favorite games were WiiSports and Animal Crossing: City Folk. Wii games were more interactive than PlayStation games, but I easily got tired of them if I played too long. 

A year and a half ago, I met my now-boyfriend, Tim, and gained a new-found interest for video games. He’s been playing them practically since he was born. The first game we played together was Super Smash Bros. I played as Jigglypuff and he played as Ike. I wasn’t very good at it and I kept getting frustrated, but Tim didn’t give up on me. He kept teaching me how to play video games.
  
And this is why I was first interested to start a video games blog where I learn to play various games.
  
Danielle has a lot of experience playing video games. Together we hope to play games and gain a better understanding of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment